Actor Will Smith may have pulled off several stunts in Hollywood films, but he doesn't know how to swim! He didn't learn to swim as he didn't have too many swimming pools in his vicinity when he was young. "I can't swim. In inner City Philadelphia, there's not a lot of swimming pools and I never actually learnt how to swim and I'm embarrassed about it," femalefirst.co.uk quoted the 44-year-old ...
Hollywood actor Michael Douglas says it is tough filming love scenes for any movie because everybody judges them. He has shot a gay love scene with actor Matt Damon in his forthcoming film Steven Soderbergh's "Behind the Candelabra". The 68-year-old believes that the cast, crew and eventually moviegoers are more critical of love scenes because everyone can relate to the acts, as opposed to ...
Los Angeles Clippers head coach Vinny Del Negro talks to his team during a time-out in the second half against the Indiana Pacers at Staples Center on April 1, 2013 in Los Angeles, California. AFP FILE PHOTO LOS ANGELES – The Los Angeles Clippers, ousted in the first round of the NBA playoffs, said Tuesday they won’t bring back head coach Vinny Del Negro. ';We would like to ...
/enpproperty--> Leaders will hold two days of talks next month at estate retreat President Xi Jinping will meet US President Barack Obama in California next month on his way back from a trip to Latin America and the Caribbean. Analysts said the arrangements for their meeting, which is informal but will be held over two days, show that relations between the two countries are ...
Howard Smith/USA Today Sports LOS ANGELES -- The Clippers won a franchise-record 56 games this season, captured their first Pacific Division title and made history by sweeping the Lakers. In a normal Clippers summer, they'd have feted head ...
65.6°F Partly Cloudy
Burn After Reading
Joel and Ethan Coen have a special affinity for characters who are dumber than they seem, which is matched only by their affinity for characters who are precisely as dumb as they seem. Burn After Reading, their relentlessly ridiculous screwball follow-up to No Count ... ...
Simi Valley Hospital - House Call lectures: Simi Valley anesthesiologist Dr. Amit Gupta discusses "Arthritis Pain Management," 1-2 p.m. Tuesday. Free. Reservations requested. Moorpark Active Adult Center, 799 Moorpark Ave. ...
CLAREMONT (CBSLA.com) -- A Claremont McKenna College student died last week after possibly "huffing" nitrous oxide. Ali Wallace Mirza, 19, of Westport, Conn., died at the hospital around 2 a.m. Friday after he was found unresponsive in his room, said Ed Winter of the Los Angeles County coroner’s office. Police said they found empty nitrous oxide canisters in the dorm, according ...
EL SEGUNDO (CBSLA.com) -- A 28-year-old man has been accused of sexually assaulting and robbing a woman at an El Segundo hotel, all while pretending to be a police officer conducting a prostitution ';sting operation." Wesley Robert Stepp, 28, was arrested in Los Angeles on suspicion of robbery and false imprisonment while impersonating a police officer. The suspect arranged the ...
BOYLE HEIGHTS (CBSLA.com) -- Voters headed to the polls Tuesday to cast their ballot on election day in Los Angeles. ';I think if we want change in this city we have to come out and support our candidates and do our duty,'; said Wilshire Park resident Joanne MacKenzie. At 42nd Street Elementary School in Leimert Park, voter Mary Helen Thompson told KCAL9′s Randy Paige that she ...
Virginia's Alex Domijan returns to UCLA's Marcos Giron during their match at the NCAA men's college team tennis championship at the Khan Outdoor Tennis Complex Tuesday, May 21, 2013 at the University of Illinois campus in Urbana, Ill. (AP Photo/Stephen ...
Making the news
Nothing will ever completely replace playing the game I love, however I feel like I'm starting a new adventure and I'm genuinely excited about what lies ahead. I'm fortunate to have been given many opportunities throughout my career and now I feel it's my time to give back.
The world's best known footballer was speaking after formally announcing his retirement.
JW Marriott Ihilani Hotel Resort & Spa
This has to be one of the best hotel resorts in Hawaii. 387 luxurious guest rooms, each with it's own ...Keep reading
Have Your Say
Do you take the threat of North Korea seriously?
Los Angeles HeraldLos Angeles Herald –Continuous News for Los Angeles
We work strenuously to bring our readers a completely independent perspective of Los Angeles news. Our software programmers, editors, journalists and affiliated wire services are all dedicated to producing the best journalism possible. This in a world where conflicts of interest pervade business empires, and political dynasties, and where a shrinking number of media proprietors are growing their interests at the expensive of diversity of media ownership. The Los Angeles Herald is an independent online newspaper. Our focus primarily is to produce the latest breaking stories out of Los Angeles. We also cover the nation. Regional news too is a priority, as is our extensive world news coverage. For a Los Angeles weather report, local news, breaking international headlines, or what's happening in sports, the Los Angeles Herald is for you. Our Business Centre too is active 24 hours a day, bringing you the latest market updates from key global centres like Tokyo, Sydney, London, Paris, Berlin, and New York. Foreign exchange rates are a regular feature, and we provides a vast range of general interest news covering topics like business travel, seniors, womens interest, and lifestyle stories.
Hollywood actor Michael Douglas says it is tough filming love scenes for any movie because everybody judges them.
He has shot a gay love scene with actor Matt Damon in his forthcoming film Steven Soderbergh's "Behind the Candelabra".
The 68-year-old believes that the cast, crew and eventually moviegoers are more critical of love scenes because everyone can relate to the acts, as opposed to action and shooting scenes.
"The hardest thing about love scenes is that everybody is a judge. I don't know the last time you murdered somebody or blew anyone's brains out, but everyone has had , and probably this morning, which means everyone has an opinion on how it should be done," femalefirst.co.uk quoted Douglas as saying.
- Work starts on creation of new Dubai island
- Man goes missing while on Keys boating trip
- On the Runway Blog Bouquets for January
- On the Runway Blog Raf Simons and a New Informality
- Plaxico Burress Launching Men’s Luxury Hosiery Line
- Dozens killed as tornado hits Oklahoma
- US president lauds Thein Sein for Myanmar reforms but urges end to violence against Muslims
- Moscow safer than New York Russian minister
- Shocking lawsuit claims NY high schools admissions policy racially biased
- US charges three NYU researchers for taking bribes from Chinese company
- Mediterranean diet may help boost ageing brain power
- Relatives turned away from aged care homes after complaining about standards
- Mt. Pleasant health fair to feature information for seniors
- Attorney admits theft from elderly client
- Mediterranean Diet Offers Cognitive Boost To The Aging Brain
- GrubHub and Seamless to merge
- Actavis buying Warner Chilcott in $8.5bn deal
- Morgan Stanley to sell Indian private banking arm to StanChart
- Mexican tycoon Slim seeks funding details of U.S. protest group
- REUTERS SUMMIT-Rates and reserve requirement to tame Uruguays inflation
- Minneapolis police chiefs troubling lack transparency
- Editorial Aaron Reardon should make resignation official
- Education reform is only part of answer to student achievement
- Guest Say no to a U.S.-Canada border-crossing fee
- Hospital prices baffle patients Your Say
- One trillion euro tax evasion to be tackled says Barroso
- Overall economy likely to pick up in Q2 says German central bank
- GrubHub and Seamless to merge
- Housing market picking up in UK
- President Karzai invites CII to set up healthcare and skill building centers in Afghanistan
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Los Angeles Herald headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Will Smith not a swimmer
- Love scenes are judged Michael Douglas
- Clippers part ways with coach Del Negro
- Xi Obama to meet in California
- Del Negros exit Clippers final recruiting pitch to Paul