The Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) has sought the help of an elderly pro-Taliban cleric to initiate peace talks with the militants, party officials have said. The political party approached Samiul Haq, also known as the "Father of the Taliban", after emerging from elections as the largest party in the troubled northwestern province of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, reports The Express Tribune. Khyber ...
Football star David Beckham's eldest son Brooklyn Beckham is reportedly training with Queens Park Rangers (QPR) following David's retirement. Brooklyn, 14, had started playing at Tottenham HotSpurs when he was as young as four, spent time with the Under 14 team at LA Galaxy and will join David in training at Paris Saint-Germain (PSG), the Mirror reports. QPR that has recently been relegated ...
Pakistan batsman Mohammad Yousuf has rejected media reports which said that he has retired from international cricket. The 38-year-old cricketer said that he is already out of the Pakistan team and haven't played top class cricket for a while now, so there is no need for him to announce any retirement, reports the Daily Times. Yousuf last played for Pakistan in an ODI against South Africa in ...
Miami city commissioners, who in recent years have cut severance pay and pensions to balance budgets, could vote Tuesday to allow four of the city’s highest earners to return from retirement and collect their pension on top of their hefty salary. The plan could mean millions of dollars of extra pay over the long haul for the city clerk, auditor, city attorney and the city manager. But it ...
UT Student Life Vice Chancellor Tim Rogers will retire after 38 years of working for the university. He served in his current position for nearly a decade, according to a press release. "Tim is a dedicated advocate for our students and has worked tirelessly to make their UT experience even better. We appreciate his leadership of several large-scale efforts that will benefit UT students ...
Anna and the King
"Anna and the King" is visually beautiful, richly detailed, terribly long, and oddly unaffecting. One might even go so far as to say it's a little boring. For a movie that not only attempts to be a romance between people from difference worlds, but also an examination of an ancient culture moving into modernity, it barely registers as an emotional experience. Director Andy Tennant, who made the r ... ...
Baby Boomers are in serious denial when it comes to their medical and long-term care costs in retirement. Yes, Medicare provides excellent health insurance (subsidized in large part by taxpayers). But it doesn't come close to paying for a senior's medical costs. And doesn't pay for long-term supports and services at all. Those holes in the Medicare system mean a couple turning 65 ...
Brian announced his retirement in the same, understated way in which he carried himself at Halas Hall the last 13 years - he simply wanted to be one of the guys and play the game he loves. But his rare ability, work ethic and passion for football put him among the greats to ever play the game. Besides superlative play on the field, he was also the unquestioned leader in the locker room, as well ...
Barnsley , Greenhoff joined United in 1968 and was part of the United team that won the Second Division title in 1975.Two seasons later he won the FA Cup, playing alongside brother Jimmy in ...
AUSTRALIA'S bosses are being encouraged to employ older women in their businesses, with research showing the 45 years and over group can bring qualities such as motivation, sustained job performance and ...
Across the country, law enforcement officials are warning seniors to beware of so-called "grandparent scams," in which fraudsters are impersonating a grandchild in distress -- and begging for ...
Making the news
Nothing will ever completely replace playing the game I love, however I feel like I'm starting a new adventure and I'm genuinely excited about what lies ahead. I'm fortunate to have been given many opportunities throughout my career and now I feel it's my time to give back.
The world's best known footballer was speaking after formally announcing his retirement.
THE WESTIN, LOS ANGELES AIRPORT
This was the second time I had reviewed this hotel. I understand it recently underwent a $15 million refurbishment, and ...Keep reading
Have Your Say
Do you take the threat of North Korea seriously?
Los Angeles HeraldLos Angeles Herald –Continuous News for Los Angeles
We work strenuously to bring our readers a completely independent perspective of Los Angeles news. Our software programmers, editors, journalists and affiliated wire services are all dedicated to producing the best journalism possible. This in a world where conflicts of interest pervade business empires, and political dynasties, and where a shrinking number of media proprietors are growing their interests at the expensive of diversity of media ownership. The Los Angeles Herald is an independent online newspaper. Our focus primarily is to produce the latest breaking stories out of Los Angeles. We also cover the nation. Regional news too is a priority, as is our extensive world news coverage. For a Los Angeles weather report, local news, breaking international headlines, or what's happening in sports, the Los Angeles Herald is for you. Our Business Centre too is active 24 hours a day, bringing you the latest market updates from key global centres like Tokyo, Sydney, London, Paris, Berlin, and New York. Foreign exchange rates are a regular feature, and we provides a vast range of general interest news covering topics like business travel, seniors, womens interest, and lifestyle stories.
Drew Barrymore has put her Montecito, California home, where she got married to husband Will Kopelman, on the market.
The Chester Carjola-designed six bedroom house, with a detached, two-storey guest property, has been listed at 7.5 million dollars, Contactmusic reported.
According to RealEstalker.com, the actress purchased the 1937 built estate for 5.7 million dollars in 2010. (ANI)
- Work starts on creation of new Dubai island
- Murofushi loses appeal in IOC member election
- ESPN layoffs 7000 workers as TV rights fees rise
- Microsoft launches all-in-one home entertainment system Xbox One
- Cannes-Fashion Photos Robert Redford Suits Up and Sports Illustrated Model Irina Shayk Bares Skin on the Croisette
- Twister that hit Oklahoma caused $2 bn in damage
- FBI kill Florida man known to Boston bombing suspects
- US Senate panel clears key immigration reform bill
- Obama Speech Attempts to Fulfill Pledges For More Transparency
- Belarus dismisses US report on religious freedom
- Imran Khans PTI seeks pro-Taliban clerics help to initiate peace talks with outfit
- Brooklyn Beckham begins training with QPR following dads retirement
- Pak batsman Mohd Yousuf rubbishes media reports of retirement from intl cricket
- Miami Commission could allow high-paid city execs to collect salary pension
- UT says Vice Chancellors retirement not connected to investigation into former employee
- Need more positive signs before scaling back stimulus, says Bernanke
- U.S. dollar slips against euro after Fed official remarks
- T. rex cousin fed more like falcon than crocodile
- US stocks fall as market eyes possible Fed retreat
- World Bank proposes $150 mln loan to help Jordan with refugees
- Common Ground Obama scandal brush fires spread
- We still cry out to God when tragedy strikes Column
- How Benjamin Franklin Invented A Weight Loss Program Using Balloons
- Boy Scouts president Let in gay boys
- Don Gale Changing the world with GAL
- Need more positive signs before scaling back stimulus, says Bernanke
- One trillion euro tax evasion to be tackled says Barroso
- Overall economy likely to pick up in Q2 says German central bank
- Housing market picking up in UK
- U.S. Myanmar sign trade agreement
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Los Angeles Herald headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Drew Barrymore puts wedding house on sale
- R-Patz in good mood after K-Stew split
- De La Hoya wins lawsuit against model
- Chris Brown and girlfriend Karrueche Tran involved in car crash
- Julian Assange pleaded Benedict Cumberbatch to leave WikiLeaks flick