Actress Kristen Stewart was reportedly nursing her broken heart by spending an entire day at singer Taylor Swift's house here. Stewart, 22, is once again going through a rough patch in her relationship with Robert Pattinson after he moved out of their love nest. It is said that he caught the actress' messages to director Rupert Sanders, with whom she had a fling in July last year. Stewart was ...
Singer Kanye West wants actor Will Smith to start making music again, but Smith says he needs to be "truly inspired". "I've been messing around with West. We went in the studio a couple times, so I might get the bug. I'm not going to do it unless I'm truly inspired, but he's been pushing me a little bit," femalefirst.co.uk quoted Smith as saying. Smith's last album released in ...
Singer Dannii Minogue says the pressure of fame when she started her singing career in the 1980s, was awful. But she admits she has learnt to tackle it over the years. The 41-year-old, a former judge of reality show "The X Factor", admits that the fear is all in one's head. "I think it's because if you build something up in your head you get a fear of it. It was just like having a fear of ...
Pop star Jennifer Lopez will reportedly perform on the semi-final episode of music reality show "Britain's Got Talent", and sing her latest track "Live it up". Pop star Demi Lovato might also sing her new single "Heart attack", reports thesun.co.uk. Other performers include singer-songwriter Ellie Goulding, who will sing her recent releases "Explosions" and "Anything can happen". Olly Murs ...
A Brooklyn gospel singer has sued McDonald's alleging her voice has been ruined after she swallowed a piece of glass that was in her chicken sandwich. Jacqueline Simpson told the New York Post that the glass left her with a "hoarse, rattly voice" and unable to sing soprano like she used to, Radar online reported. Simpson, who filed the lawsuit in Brooklyn Supreme Court, revealed she ate the ...
Winds: From the West at 1.0 MPH Gusting to 6.0 MPH
Martha Marcy May Marlene
Numerous tensions cut through writer/director Sean Durkins dark, economic feature debut Martha Marcy May Marlene, but the most unsettling is the distance between the various characters and their inability to connect in a meaningful way. All of the films char ... ...
Will Smith has revealed that rapper Kanye West has "been pushing" him to return to the music scene. The 44-year-old actor told HipHollywood.com that he has been messing around with West and both of them have been to studio a couple of times, the New York Daily News reported. Smith, who was a successful rapper before he made his way to superstardom as an actor, added that he is not going to ...
A foundation set up by late singer Amy Winehouse's father Mitch reportedly raised nearly 1.9 million pounds (over $2,000,000) in a year. The foundation helps homeless people, drug addicts and promotes young musicians. "We are honoured we can help so many young people in Amy's name. Good everyone was involved," thesun.co.uk quoted Mitch as saying. The foundation collected more than 700,000 ...
Microsoft has unveiled its latest video gaming console 'Xbox One' which is believed to transform games, TV and entertainment for the 21st century living room. The latest console reportedly promises a vision of the future. According to a report by the Mirror, 'Xbox One' will allow users to turn on the device with words like "Xbox On", and "snap" will allow users to watch two things at ...
An Indian film festival, where hugely popular Bollywood movies like "Lage Raho Munnabhai" will be screened, is to be held here to commemorate the 40th anniversary of establishment of diplomatic relations between India and South Korea. The festival will be held at CGV Yeouido, IFC Mall, May 24-28. It has been organised by the Indian embassy with the support of CGV, the Indian tourism ministry ...
Jimmy Shergill has said that Hindi and Punjabi films have a huge audience from Pakistan - especially in Canada. It's been a super busy year for the Bollywood actor. With over 50 Hindi and Punjabi films under his belt, Shergill has proven himself as the versatile actor he always dreamt of being, even if it took him 17 years. While he loves to do Punjabi films, Shergill says that his bread ...
Making the news
Nothing will ever completely replace playing the game I love, however I feel like I'm starting a new adventure and I'm genuinely excited about what lies ahead. I'm fortunate to have been given many opportunities throughout my career and now I feel it's my time to give back.
The world's best known footballer was speaking after formally announcing his retirement.
THE WESTIN, LOS ANGELES AIRPORT
This was the second time I had reviewed this hotel. I understand it recently underwent a $15 million refurbishment, and ...Keep reading
Have Your Say
Do you take the threat of North Korea seriously?
Los Angeles HeraldLos Angeles Herald –Continuous News for Los Angeles
We work strenuously to bring our readers a completely independent perspective of Los Angeles news. Our software programmers, editors, journalists and affiliated wire services are all dedicated to producing the best journalism possible. This in a world where conflicts of interest pervade business empires, and political dynasties, and where a shrinking number of media proprietors are growing their interests at the expensive of diversity of media ownership. The Los Angeles Herald is an independent online newspaper. Our focus primarily is to produce the latest breaking stories out of Los Angeles. We also cover the nation. Regional news too is a priority, as is our extensive world news coverage. For a Los Angeles weather report, local news, breaking international headlines, or what's happening in sports, the Los Angeles Herald is for you. Our Business Centre too is active 24 hours a day, bringing you the latest market updates from key global centres like Tokyo, Sydney, London, Paris, Berlin, and New York. Foreign exchange rates are a regular feature, and we provides a vast range of general interest news covering topics like business travel, seniors, womens interest, and lifestyle stories.
Drew Barrymore has put her Montecito, California home, where she got married to husband Will Kopelman, on the market.
The Chester Carjola-designed six bedroom house, with a detached, two-storey guest property, has been listed at 7.5 million dollars, Contactmusic reported.
According to RealEstalker.com, the actress purchased the 1937 built estate for 5.7 million dollars in 2010. (ANI)
- Work starts on creation of new Dubai island
- Murofushi loses appeal in IOC member election
- ESPN layoffs 7000 workers as TV rights fees rise
- Microsoft launches all-in-one home entertainment system Xbox One
- Fun house big help in dire days
- Twister that hit Oklahoma caused $2 bn in damage
- FBI kill Florida man known to Boston bombing suspects
- US Senate panel clears key immigration reform bill
- Obama Speech Attempts to Fulfill Pledges For More Transparency
- Belarus dismisses US report on religious freedom
- Imran Khans PTI seeks pro-Taliban clerics help to initiate peace talks with outfit
- Brooklyn Beckham begins training with QPR following dads retirement
- Pak batsman Mohd Yousuf rubbishes media reports of retirement from intl cricket
- Country living far from an easy stroll for nations elderly
- Dakota County judge guilty of drunken driving requests retirement
- Need more positive signs before scaling back stimulus, says Bernanke
- U.S. dollar slips against euro after Fed official remarks
- T. rex cousin fed more like falcon than crocodile
- Bernanke comments hit US stocks Australian dollar
- Aussie dollar US markets slip as stimulus end eyed
- Lower blood alcohol limit to curb drunken driving
- Apple tax critics avoiding the truth Our view
- Crack down on offshore tax schemes Opposing view
- Prepare for tornadoes with more shelters tellusatoday
- Oklahoma communities will rebuild Your Say
- Need more positive signs before scaling back stimulus, says Bernanke
- One trillion euro tax evasion to be tackled says Barroso
- Overall economy likely to pick up in Q2 says German central bank
- Housing market picking up in UK
- U.S. Myanmar sign trade agreement
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Los Angeles Herald headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Drew Barrymore puts wedding house on sale
- R-Patz in good mood after K-Stew split
- De La Hoya wins lawsuit against model
- Chris Brown and girlfriend Karrueche Tran involved in car crash
- Julian Assange pleaded Benedict Cumberbatch to leave WikiLeaks flick