from the Center for American Progress "Star Trek" would have us believe that space is the final frontier, but with apologies to the armies of Trekkies, their oracle might be a tad off base. Though we know little about outer space, we still have plenty of frontiers to explore here on our home planet. And they're losing the race of discovery. Hollywood giant James Cameron, ...
WASHINGTON, June 19 (RIA Novosti) – A draft Republican-backed bill released Wednesday that would authorize NASA programs for the next two years backs a $500 million project to develop crew transportation systems to end US reliance on Russian rockets for getting astronauts into space even as it blocks a less costly project to capture, redirect and explore an asteroid. The draft NASA ...
Americans love their pets--and a new poll shows just how much we dote on our critters, while revealing some curious attitudes toward animals (and ...
The biggest social network, might have reached 1 billion users in no time and the number of advertisers is now catching up. Last Tuesday the company announced it now serves 1 million active advertisers. The Facebook director of small business, Dan Levy, said that the vast majority of advertisers on the platform are actually small businesses. He announced the milestone in the New York’s ...
Tough to account for $3.1B in anti-terror spending, auditor says OTTAWA - NDP Leader Thomas Mulcair began Parliament's summer break by boasting about blocking a Conservative effort to strip Canadian citizenship from convicted terrorists. "We got the end of an odious bill in immigration that would've deprived Canadians of their citizenship illegally that would've had to be ...
Winds: From the WNW at 1.0 MPH Gusting to 3.0 MPH
Head-On (Gegen die Wand)
Fatih Akins blistering Head-On (Gegen die Wand) isnt your typical love story. It has plenty of passion and even a warped sense of the romantic divine, but Akins main goal seems to be turning the pretensions of movie-style love on their head. The film has the same basic concept as Pet ... ...
Parliament Hill. (Chris Roussakis/QMI Agency) OTTAWA - MPs fled to their ridings Wednesday, leaving a stench richer than the smoke wafting from the annual pork barbecue along the pedestrian mall a short walk from Parliament Hill. One of the ugliest sittings is over - an odious spectacle that won't be remembered for elevating decorum or legislation, but rather for criminal investigations, ...
PARIS - A startup Swiss spaceflight company is planning to upgrade its proposed private satellite launch system into a manned suborbital space shuttle for science missions, the company announced Monday (June 17). The ...
'); This simulated view from NASA's Cassini spacecraft shows the expected positions of Saturn and Earth on July 19, 2013, around the time Cassini will take Earth's picture. Cassini will be about 898 million miles (1.44 billion kilometers) away from Earth at the time. That distance is nearly 10 times the distance from the sun to ...
– the second and final album he recorded with the jazzy hip-hop trio Digable Planets – he was pleasantly surprised. "I was flattered," says the MC, who used to go by Butterfly but is better known today as Palaceer Lazaro, the enigmatic leader of Seattle's Shabazz Palaces. "That album is like a time capsule – it's an artifact from an epoch of time, you ...
Nasa's Cassini spacecraft will take an image of Earth from 1.44bn kilometres away. From there, our planet will look like the expected images of alien earths around other ...
Making the news
Our nuclear programmes are completely transparent. But we are ready to show greater transparency and make clear for the whole world that the steps of the Islamic Republic of Iran are completely within international frameworks. The sanctions are unfair, the Iranian people are suffering, and our (nuclear) activities are legal. These sanctions are illegal and only benefit Israel.
Iran's president-elect was speaking after his historic election victory.
Loews Santa Monica Beach Hotel
One of a cluster of oceanside and oceanfront deluxe hotels on the beach at Santa Monica, Loews is one of ...Keep reading
Have Your Say
Should tax havens be forced to lift their shroud of secrecy?
Los Angeles HeraldLos Angeles Herald –Continuous News for Los Angeles
We work strenuously to bring our readers a completely independent perspective of Los Angeles news. Our software programmers, editors, journalists and affiliated wire services are all dedicated to producing the best journalism possible. This in a world where conflicts of interest pervade business empires, and political dynasties, and where a shrinking number of media proprietors are growing their interests at the expensive of diversity of media ownership. The Los Angeles Herald is an independent online newspaper. Our focus primarily is to produce the latest breaking stories out of Los Angeles. We also cover the nation. Regional news too is a priority, as is our extensive world news coverage. For a Los Angeles weather report, local news, breaking international headlines, or what's happening in sports, the Los Angeles Herald is for you. Our Business Centre too is active 24 hours a day, bringing you the latest market updates from key global centres like Tokyo, Sydney, London, Paris, Berlin, and New York. Foreign exchange rates are a regular feature, and we provides a vast range of general interest news covering topics like business travel, seniors, womens interest, and lifestyle stories.
Lisa Snowdon, who dated Hollywood heartthrob George Clooney on and off for five years from 2000, has said that they still keep in touch.
The 41-year-old English model told new! magazine that it doesn't bother her any more, the Daily Express reported.
She said that at the end of the day he is Clooney so people will be interested in knowing about him.
Snowdon that though she hasn't seen him for a while the former couple keep in touch via text messages. (ANI)
- College study says students from Ireland indulge in drinking more than others
- Study explains why appetizers matter more when youre dining out with friends
- Helen Mirren new face of Marksamp Spencer
- Kourtneys motherhood tips to Kim
- Lifestyle KNH workers on go-slow to demand pay rise
- Obama welcomes Iran's election of moderate president
- No breakthrough in talks between UK and Ecuador over Assange
- Leaders of G8 call for peace in Syria and pledge humanitarian aid
- Obama proposes further US Russian nuclear arms cut
- US women in all combat units by 2016 Pentagon
- Federal Reserve says it will maintain pace of bond purchases
- Nvidias stock jumps on license plan Wall Street eyes Apple
- Federal Reserve Stimulus Program to Stay in Place
- Malaysias 1MDB plans US$1 bil. initial public offering Dow Jones
- Federal Reserve more optimistic about US economy keeps stimulus program unchanged
- Minnesota cities breathing easier from boost in state aid
- Khaled Hosseini Afghanistan gains must not be lost
- Farewell to hotel room service
- What was Seattle mayor candidate Peter Steinbreuck thinking
- Immigration Reform in the Senate and beyond
- Shenzen to be first Chinese city to begin carbon trading
- UK inflation rises to 2.7pc in May pushed by higher transport cost
- NRI lawyer wins Iran bank case in British Supreme Court
- Rescue chopper crashes in Nepal one killed
- NSA surveillance revealed abandoned al-Qaedas NY stock exchange bombing plot
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Los Angeles Herald headlines delivered to your inbox.
- People not letting Lisa Snowdon forget about times with George Clooney
- Johnny Depp not retiring from Hollywood
- Jackie Chan admires Bollywood welcomes Indo-Chinese Cine collaboration
- Comerica Bank report shows rosy outlook for California economy
- 2012-13 Top 10 Moments 6