Email ATLANTA -- X-rays were negative on the lower left leg of Dodgers outfielder Scott Van Slyke, who exited Sunday's 5-2 loss against the Braves after he fouled consecutive pitches off his leg in a seventh-inning at-bat. Van Slyke said there was no fracture, although it was "pretty sore" having fouled the pitches "an inch apart on the same ligament." He said ...
LOS ANGELES (CBSLA.com) -- The new central hall of the LAX international terminal will be named after Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa, Los Angeles World Airports announced ...
Gerald Laird #11 of the Atlanta Braves hits a pinch hit single in the eighth inning to knock in the game-tying run against the Los Angeles Dodgers at Turner Field on May 19, 2013 in Atlanta, Georgia. (credit: Scott Cunningham/Getty ...
Goalkeeper Jonathan Quick #32 of the Los Angeles Kings takes a drink of water from a Gatorade bottle against the San Jose Sharks in Game Three of the Western Conference Semifinals during the 2013 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs at HP Pavilion on May 18, 2013 in San Jose, California. The Sharks defeated the Kings in overtime 2-1. (credit: Thearon W. Henderson/Getty ...
"Brave's" Merida before and after her controversial makeover Consumer watchdogs took aim at the Walt Disney Company again last week, objecting vociferously to the studios redesign of Merida, the fiery heroine in the Oscar-winning Brave. Parents to girls especially decried the characters sexualization, pointing out that her frizzy red hair has been tamed, her neckline dropped, her ...
Man on a Ledge
If you knew nothing about the movie and just happened to glance at the title, you might think that Man on a Ledge is some kind of metaphor. But, no, it is indeed quite literal, referring to the fact that, for nearly the entirety of the film, there is a man standing on a ledge. ... ...
LAD@ATL: Gonzalez drives a single to open the scoring ATLANTA -- The only good thing the Dodgers can say about their series against the Braves is that it's over. The Atlanta sweep concluded Sunday with another late loss, 5-2, by the Dodgers' bullpen in a four-run eighth inning. Kenley Jansen was charged with the decisive runs for the second consecutive game, and the Braves scored ...
HARRISON, N.J. (AP) -- Tim Cahill scored on a header off a crossing pass in second half stoppage time, lifting the New York Red Bulls to a 1-0 victory over the Los ...
TEMECULA (CBSLA.com)-- The Temecula man who killed his wife Thursday before turning the gun on himself died Saturday, according to officials. John Leonard Houston, 65, died at 6:10 p.m. at a hospital, Riverside County sheriff’s Sgt. Tyson Voss said. Houston killed his wife Dana, 51, in their Del Rey Road home, before shooting himself, officials ...
PASADENA (CBSLA.com) -- The pedestrian who was killed by a car while crossing a Pasadena street Friday has been identified. The Coroner said Sunday that Stuart Charles Noble, 39, was the victim. Noble, of Los Angeles, was crossing Colorado Boulevard at 9:40 p.m. Frirday when he was ...
Howie Kendrick #47 of the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim scores in the fourth inning against the Chicago White Sox at Angel Stadium of Anaheim on May 19, 2013 in Anaheim, California. (credit: Lisa Blumenfeld/Getty ...
Making the news
Nothing will ever completely replace playing the game I love, however I feel like I'm starting a new adventure and I'm genuinely excited about what lies ahead. I'm fortunate to have been given many opportunities throughout my career and now I feel it's my time to give back.
The world's best known footballer was speaking after formally announcing his retirement.
Hilton Hotel Auckland, New Zealand
Promoted as 'The Boutique Hotel completely surounded by water', the Hilton Auckland is indeed in a unique location, right at ...Keep reading
Have Your Say
Do you take the threat of North Korea seriously?
Los Angeles HeraldLos Angeles Herald –Continuous News for Los Angeles
We work strenuously to bring our readers a completely independent perspective of Los Angeles news. Our software programmers, editors, journalists and affiliated wire services are all dedicated to producing the best journalism possible. This in a world where conflicts of interest pervade business empires, and political dynasties, and where a shrinking number of media proprietors are growing their interests at the expensive of diversity of media ownership. The Los Angeles Herald is an independent online newspaper. Our focus primarily is to produce the latest breaking stories out of Los Angeles. We also cover the nation. Regional news too is a priority, as is our extensive world news coverage. For a Los Angeles weather report, local news, breaking international headlines, or what's happening in sports, the Los Angeles Herald is for you. Our Business Centre too is active 24 hours a day, bringing you the latest market updates from key global centres like Tokyo, Sydney, London, Paris, Berlin, and New York. Foreign exchange rates are a regular feature, and we provides a vast range of general interest news covering topics like business travel, seniors, womens interest, and lifestyle stories.
Kelly Osbourne, who is having renovations done at her Los Angeles home, was left red faced when a workman walked in to her bedroom and saw her naked.
The 'Fashion Police' star, 28, later took to Twitter to express her dilemma.
"DyingRightNow getting work done on my house and one of the builders just walked into my bedroom while i was half naked! my face is so red (sic)," she wrote.
Osbourne, who has shed more than 60 pounds over the last two years, has admitted that she still struggles with her body image. (ANI)
- Did The Oprah Winfrey Show make O.J. Simpson snap
- Hindu temples Bollywood and a Yemeni citys India ties
- The Hangover actor engaged
- Man dies in suspected gas explosion in Nottinghamshire house
- Whiskey distillery to open in the heart of the Lake District
- Alleged unmasked CIA agent leaves Russia
- Sarah Michelle Gellar shares best parenting advice
- NY bar to host smallest penis contest
- Suspected U.S. drone attack in Yemen kills 4 Al Qaeda militants
- I want to shoot Hillary Clinton right in the vagina says radio host
- Share market set for gains on Wall St record
- Inflation-indexed bonds wont protect the savings of the poor
- Nikkei set to scale fresh 5 12-yr highs on weak yen upbeat U.S. data
- Aust bonds weaker after more good US data
- TABLE-Foreign brokers set to buy Japanese stocks
- No Obama wont be impeached Column
- Deficit dips but still more to do Your Say
- Lower alcohol limit is not cure-all for DUIs tellusatoday
- Why Ted Cruz isnt presidential material Column
- Rogue banks remain too big to fail Our view
- Syrian Electronic Army hacks Financial Times Twitter sites
- Cyprus loosens restrictions on 8 foreign banks
- Central Banks in Driving Seat for Asia Markets
- PRESS DIGEST - Financial Times - May 20
- Investment Life after the gold rush
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Los Angeles Herald headlines delivered to your inbox.
- X-rays negative after Van Slyke fouls pitches off leg
- New Pavilion At LAX To Be Named For Villaraigosa
- Dodgers Swept By Braves After Bullpen Fails In 5-2 Loss
- Kings Return Home To Practice Between Road Playoff Games
- Disney stands behind sexy new Brave look